For my love of reading and writing…and maybe you too, someday 🙂
Blurbs for my categories:
- Home. You are here.
- Blog. Features latest blog posts from every category. Scroll down for older posts.
- Jewelry. Jewelry creations and jewelry-related content.
- Education and Beyond. Blog posts and articles about education, work, and life post education.
- Shorties. Blog posts that include WordPress’s word of the day. Each post is less than 500 words.
- Poems. Poems I have written.
- Contact. You can contact me via email by filling out the form.
Feel free to learn, explore, like, and comment.
Thanks for visiting!
I have recently changed my tagline from A space to read and write to A space to read and write…and now make! because I have discovered and accepted that I like to make things. I have done origami since I was a kid, and started making cards (happy birthday, get well soon, etc.) for people several years ago. I only make cards for special people who I know will appreciate and keep the card I made, because it takes forever to make each one.
Recently, I began making jewelry. I am pretty new in the jewelry industry, having only worked for two jewelry businesses until I started making my own, I would like to learn more about what the jewelry world has to teach me.
What motivates me to make jewelry are:
- Idea to art. Whenever I set my mind to make something, I have an idea or vision of what it looks like. Origami is like a formula; with cards and jewelry designs, I envision the result and take steps to make it happen.
- Figure things out. I am really smart and I like to learn how things work, why things are the way they are, and how to improve. So by having it challenging, I gain much more as I master each material and design.
- Happy people. When make custom pieces for people, their faces light up when they wear it.
I invite you to join me on my journey and check out the Jewelry category for my latest creations.