I’ve been very busy this September, with last week being especially busy, so I’m very thankful that the universe is merciful to me this week so I can catch up on paperwork and everything else.
Last week, I was late to orientation for a new job. Not one minute late, not five minutes late, not 10 minutes late. A whopping 30 minutes late. I’ve never been that late. I’m not familiar with the area and being extra busy, I wasn’t able to find it what the building looks like (and surrounding buildings) beforehand, so I was in the area 10 minutes earlier than the start time but driving around trying to find the building made me lose 35 minutes. I went into a convenience store and asked the cashier to help and it was super easy. The building was across from a market, next to a car wash, and hidden by trees.
Two days later, I got a call for an assignment. It was near the building mentioned in the paragraph above. I hate being a substitute teacher. It makes me lose faith in the youth when they are so disrespectful and they don’t give a damn about it. Subs are humans, too, they shouldn’t have to put up with disrespect.
I was able to get leniency to complete assignments in my Professional Development course (I forgot I was enrolled in a Professional Development course). I spent the weekend and yesterday catching up. I need to work on the final project to differentiate for gifted and talented students. In the proposal, the requirements include describing what I will do and addressing how I would go about it.
- Step 1: Find the rubric
- Already contacted the professor about it since I couldn’t find it
- Step 2: Find gifted students to do this experiment on
- Step 3: Write the proposal
- The steps continue
This week, I will complete everything on my To-Do List.
- Completing paperwork
- Getting registered at my new job
- Lesson planning (goal is to plan to the end of October)
- Work on the speech that I will be giving this Thursday
- Practice the speech more than once per day
- Put a change of clothes and shoes in the car the night before
- Already made logistical arrangements regarding the speech
- Made an appointment to get a vaccination shot
- I got the shot earlier today and made an appointment for the next one (just 3 shots total)
- Participate in one writing challenge on WP
- Purchase materials for an order of bracelets
- Practice skills that I will be reviewing with my students later this week
Who knows what else the universe will present to me?
Thanks for reading.